Websites + Blogs
- American Pregnancy Association
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Pregnancy Loss and Infant Death Directory
- Supporting Friends and Family after loss
- The Education of a Miscarriage
- Through the Heart
- Our Scarlett Stories
- Healing Hearts
- The Miscarriage Association
- American Psychological Association
- A Place to Remember
- Molly Bears
- Not Broken-by Laura Shahine MD.
- Not Pregnant-by Cathie Quillet
- Over The Rainbow: Miscarriage Support Journal-by Allison Cooper
- Life Without the Baby Journal-by Emily R. Long
- You Are Not Alone-by Emily R. Long
- Empty Arms-by Pam Vredevelt
- Free to Grieve-by Maureen Rank
- I Never Held You-by Ellen DuBois
- What to Expect When You’re No Longer Expecting-by Katherine L. Morris
- Grace Like Scarlett-by Adriel Booker
Honoring Your Child
Honoring the memory of your child is a very personal choice for parents who have lost a baby to miscarriage or stillbirth. When you are ready to do this or if you choose to do so at all, will vary from person to person. There are a number of different ways parents choose to memorialize their unborn child. Below is a list of possible ideas.
- Plant a tree or flower bush: Many couples select a tree or special flower bush from a local nursery to plant in their yard or other special or significant location.
- Get a tattoo: This can be a permanent way to honor and symbolize your love for a lost child.
- Have a professional photo session of the ceremony: Some families find healing in having a permanent reminder in the form of a special photograph documenting a tree planting or other memorial ceremony.
- Have a shadow picture done by a professional photographer: Visit the link to see an example of this unique way of forever memorializing a lost child by having shadows of your unborn child or children pictured alongside your earthly family.
- Have a special piece of jewelry designed to honor your lost child.
- Teddy Bears: Molly Bears is an amazing organization that creates custom teddy bears in the weight of a stillborn baby. Many parents find comfort in holding their babies. Bears can be purchased for $20.00. However, the cost of each bear is much higher and their website accepts donations to help keep the cost low and accessible for all families.
Memorable Moments is a way to come alongside bereaved parents to provide small tangible ways to help memorialize the life they would have had with their unborn child. For some parents, a tattoo can be a special and intimate way to remember their baby and “carry” that memory with them forever. Some people choose to plant a tree or bush in their child’s honor, this can be a beautiful and symbolic way of “bringing home” baby.
It is also important to remember that pregnancy loss is tumultuous time for both the father and mother. It is necessary that couples have time with one another to process their grief and support one another, which is why Memorable Moments offers opportunities for couples to get away together for a few hours or even overnight through our Spa and Bed & Breakfast partners.
To request a specific memorable moment, please contact us directly for availability and scheduling.
This is a new and growing Love Surrounds program. If you have a business with a product or service to offer, this is a beautiful opportunity to support the Love Surrounds community and make a memorable moment possible for someone in your area. Please contact us here.